On Thursday, March 3, the Records Management Roundtable (RMRT) held a Virtual Hangout on processing Capstone email using predictive coding.
Joanne Kaczmarek and Brent West of the Records and Information Management Services at the University of Illinois provided an update on their work on processing and making email available. At University of Illinois, they are using predictive coding used by the legal community to identify and prioritize sensitive content for review and redaction while generating descriptive metadata of themes and trends.
Here are a few of the resources and tools mentioned during the Hangout:
- Best Practices Exchange 2015 presentation: Processing Capstone Email using Predictive Coding
- Current Capstone project: Preserving Email Messages of Enduring Value
- Related iPRES 2014 poster: Metrics Based Reappraisal
- Microsoft’s predictive coding software: Analyze Office 365 data with Equivio Zoom
- Equivio demo: eDiscovery Redefined: Real Time and In-Place (Equivio content starts around minute 37 and demo around minute 54)
- TAR Evaluation Toolkit
- Office 365 Enterprise E5
Thank you to all those who attended live and asked questions! If you didn’t have a chance to attend, you can view the YouTube video here.
View past Hangouts here.